Whether you are a first-time parent (like Kate, Chris and baby Max here!), or just wanting a refresher, you’ll find some great resources here.
First of all, check out my blog and recommended resources here
Sarah’s free resources: Interviews and podcasts:
All about birth and oxytocin: The Midwives Cauldron interview with Rachel Reed and Katie James
The Amazing Design Hormonal Orchestration and Mammalian Instinct Interview with Amy McClain from The Empowered Birth podcast
Oxytocin in labour and birth Interview with Ashley Winnings from The Motherhood Circle
Giving Birth: what can I do to be ready? Interview with Dr Pam Douglas from Possums and Karen McClay from Calmbirth
Covid-19: Your hormones are your helpers How can we make the most of our body’s natural hormones to make birth as safe as possible in these times of Covid-19? Youtube interview with Debra Pascali-Bonaro
Letting Labour Begin on Its Own Interview with Lesley Pascuzzi from Lamaze for Pour the Tea, will you? podcast
How to have an Ecstatic Birth! Love and guts podcast Interview with Lynda Griparic
Love, Sex, Birth. Baby! Youtube interview with Debra-Pascali-Bonaro for the launch of her awesome new book the Ultimate Guide to Sex After Baby!
Mt Isa Birth Stories Podcast: Sarah discusses fascinating information surrounding our hormones in birth and how they play a role in attachment to our babies, as well as hormonal gaps and how epidurals can interfere with our hormonal flow in labour. Interview with Sarah Swan
SheBirths: A deep dive into the amazing hormonal orchestration Interview with Nadine Richardson
The Significance of Nature’s Hormonal Blueprint for Labour & Birth Interview with Emily from Untaming
Maternal mammalian ecstasy: The ancient hormonal blueprint for optimal birth and bonding Interview with Amber from Medicine Stories
How to have an ecstatic childbirth! Interview with Melissa Ambrossini
The ancestral biology of birth Podcast for Rewilding with Daniel Vitalis
The ecstatic hormonal high of childbearing: Podcast for Rewilding with Daniel Vitalis
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering • Preconception planning • The role of oxytocin Interview on The Ultimate Health Podcast
Birth, life and the ecstatic hormones Interview with master herbalist Susun Weed at BlogTalkRadio.
The science of natural, undisturbed birth, with Sarah and Matt Bivens in the Doing it at Home Podcast
Stop, look and listen- your body is sending you messages! Interview for VoiceAmerica with Marie Biancuzzo of Born to be Breastfed.
Your hormones and the miracle of the first hour after birth Podcast with Dr Jay Warren
Check my schedule for more online talks and interviews or maybe even workshops in your area!
More of my favourite links and resources here:
- Happy Healthy Child! Video series
- Parenting for a peaceful world (Video) “The way we are treated as children tells our brain how to grow.” My all-time favourite inspiration in parenting and a great introduction to Robin Grille’s world-changing work. See also his book of the same name!
- How to have a great birth or VBAC! Great advice for supporting your body’s physiology in early labour
- After the birth- what a family needs. Great practical information for families planning a peaceful time after birth
- The benefits of feeding your baby flexibly! Research supports being flexible may be better for your baby than feeding by schedule
- “A surprise like no other!” The upside of not knowing your baby’s sex before the birth
For more up to date articles and links, subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook!